Saturday, March 17, 2012

Last Friday night in the Big Town


We are now down to less than one week before our departure flight.  Yikes!!  Carter had his last day of school today.  He was so excited for the day.  He came home from school with a backpack full of school supplies and school projects from the year.  One of the first things he took out was a stack of letters his classmates had given him.  His teacher had each child in his class write him a page length letter.  Carter was so proud of the things his classmates said about him.  But, as the night progressed he got very moody.  Then, finally, after his shower he broke down.  He loves everything about his school and he is really going to miss his friends.  This was one of the first moments of many when one of my children is legitimately sad about all being left behind here in the States.  I know these times will come and there will be worse breakdowns in the future.  But, we all still believe this trip is going to be great.  We will make many more good memories that will outshine our feelings of homesickness.  After all, Carter does still have his birthday on the beach to look forward to!

Tonight was also our last Friday pizza night (a family tradition).  Usually there is a movie involved too.  But, the weather was too perfect to stay indoors.  Did I mention that I love spring in Kansas City?  I will include a few pictures from our week.  


 Aubrey scowling at me because she does not want her picture taken.  Please note the tiny bike she is on (because we shipped her normal bike) and her brother's soccer shoes from last year that she now wears pretty much everywhere.


Our daffodils!!

I will go ahead and include a few pictures from my run at English Landing Park in Parkville today.  As you can see, it still has a long way to go to recover from the flood last year.  There is already quite a bit of grass seed down, thus all the barriers.  This is my favorite park in the area, so I am hoping it looks MUCH different when we make it back to KC.


1 comment:

  1. Diane, I loved reading your blog!! Please be sure to keep it going!!! I'm so excited for you, but completely understand feelings of homesickness.... Visiting Austalia is on my bucket list because it was a dream if my dad's that he never was able to make happen!!! Anxious to read about your adventures and hopefully you will be back in time for our 20 year reunion!! Ugh.....that made us sound old. Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete